Pages

The Scent, the Man, the Obsession

I fell in love with a man I'd never met when I was four years old, and I dabbed his designer perfume behind my ears at the tip of my jawbone, just like a Southern lady should.  It was my grandmother's Oscar Eau de Toilette, the signature scent that will never go out of style, and it was the smell of heaven.  As I've grown, I've fallen even more in love with the designer and both his classic and very romantic pieces.  Today when I opened my Bergdorf Goodman shoe salon app on my iPhone and saw the perfect snakeskin platform sandal, I immediately revisited my childhood and my obsession with Oscar. 

In honor of my first love, I paid my first visit to Polyvore and compiled some pieces that were available in their catalog.  Though they don't perfectly represent de la Renta's impeccable runway styling, they are reminiscent of the classic and romantic pieces that I love.  As it has over time, I'm sure my adoration for de la Renta will continue to flourish, and his designs will always remind me of those carefree days as a child–that blissful scent! 

5 comments:

Lady Peach said...

Great post :)
Lady Peach
xXx

OooKellyNicky said...

That skirt and the button detailing is gorgeous. Nice blog!

my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

KT said...

I agree with your love for Oscar de la Renta. His designs are always amazingly feminine and attractive while remaining fashion forward and stunning.- Katy
http://modlychic.blogspot.com/

Whispering Swallow said...

Oscar de la Renta is such a fabulous designer. I have always admired him. Great post!

xoxo Kayla
check out my blog? I would really appreciate it :)

http://thewhisperingswallow.blogspot.com/

Sgt. Pepper Vintage said...

Hey Leanne! Just stopping by to say hey and as for the Oscar lace dress? LOVE IT!! Good Post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails