Pages

No Need for Translation

Though I'm always mesmerized by the avant-garde styles and unlikely silhouettes of the runway, translation for the everyday woman is usually a necessity.  In the case of this week's Chanel's 2011 Resort Show in St. Tropez, I've found no need for translation.  Lagerfeld's genius can be plucked from the runway models and easily adorned on any vacationing man or woman, with some styles even casual enough for a summer weekend.  My personal favorite is featured to the right in a photo from Style.com (photo by Chanel).

As I browsed the looks, I noticed so many styles from killer curves and geometric prints to romantic ruffles; the stripes were far from traditional, incorporating stunning and shapely designs.  The show featured very chíc men in brown and the clever juxtaposition of men's floral prints with a truly masculine belt.  And, no resort collection could be complete without the swimwear, which was interestingly paired with tweed.  If you're looking for accessories, this collection won't disappoint you, filled with clutches, belts, bangles and a touch of light baby blue nail polish sure to add flare to your summer.

Have some summer fun in Chanel's Resort runway style; it's definitely "ready-to-wear."

Here are a few more of my favorite looks:
perfect pinks
the other pink
geometric color blocks
a midsummer's night

View the complete collection.  Find your favorite look and share it; everyone deserves a little taste of this Chanel!

2 comments:

KT said...

Hi. I was looking for your email but I don't see it on the site. For Friend Friday you need to answer the posted questions and then link your post regarding your answers to the list created on ModlyChic. If you aren't getting the questions ahead of time e-mail me and I'll add you to the list. (katy_rose1@yahoo.com)

Pretty Shiny Sparkly said...

Gotta love Chanel!

I like Mint Candy Apple by Essie (nail polish) you should check that out!

Pretty Shiny Sparkly

Related Posts with Thumbnails